The Ponderings of a Princess on a journey to be more like the King Who created her...

Thursday, July 24, 2008

16 Days and counting...

Well, we're down to 16 days to go till my due date. I have to be quite honest here and say, I've been feeling anxious. Last night during our family devotional time (Side note...if you're looking for a good book to use for this, "Parenting With Scripture" by Kara Durbin @ Moody Press is excellent!) I was reminded of some wonderful verses I can camp on. The word for the day was "Confidence".

Proverbs 3:25, "Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being snared."

Jeremiah 17:7, "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him."

Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Hebrews 4:16, "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Hebrews 10:35-36, "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."

Hebrews 13;6, "So we say with confidence, "The LORD is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

So, as you think about these verses today, my prayer is that you will be reminded of God's hand in all you do and in all that comes your way. Let His confidence flood your mind and heart and give you His peace. That's what we want anyway, isn't it?!

No comments: