The Ponderings of a Princess on a journey to be more like the King Who created her...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Passing of Time...

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a good day. To begin the day, I was served breakfast in bed by my children and husband. I got lots of hugs and kisses and some wonderful cards & gift cards. My precious Mom made me a homemade Lemon Pie. (My fave!) Click on the picture to see the beautiful meringue mountains she puts on them. She's a genius! I felt very loved and pampered.

I had to go up to the school for a bit to test a prospective student and do some work in my classroom as well. It was all going quite well until one of my fellow teachers walked into the room and my daughter loudly announced..."Today is Mommas birthday! She's 44 years old!" Then, to top it off...she wrote it as big as she could on the chalkboard. "HAPPY 44TH BIRTHDAY MOMMA!!" Thanks a LOT Kiddo! I was hoping not to think so much about the passing of time and aging. I was hoping to breeze through the day without so-much-as a peep about my chronological age. I mean, I don't feel 44. Then again, I'm not so sure what 44 is supposed to feel like. Some days I feel 144. LOL!! Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter. It's just a number. As I told my husband about it, later in the evening, he reminded me of how proud my daughter is of me and, to her, that's a pretty major thing to be 44 yrs. old. I'm sure he's right...he usually is about those things. I'm proud of me, too. I remember thinking how old 44 used to be. Now...not so much.

No comments: