The Ponderings of a Princess on a journey to be more like the King Who created her...

Friday, July 13, 2007

Lessons on the "Family Vacation" ~ I

Our family of 5 has been traveling for the past two weeks in a car. It's a wonder someone is not seriously injured! LOL!! We are normally accustomed to traveling in our suburban. However, the a/c is out and that makes going across TX and the desert of AZ, CA and NV an impossibility. The car is a nice car and quite comfortable, but has, (compared to the spread-out-ability of our suburban), significantly closer quarters and somehow seems to make elbows quite a bit sharper than usual. I'm just hoping it lends itself to learning humility with-in ourselves and patience with each other. It would seem that every offense is multiplied in intensity and every kindness lessened. I'm wondering how I teach my children these valuable lessons when I, myself, am unable to learn them very quickly. I keep hearing my tone of voice in them and I often feel like I'm failing miserably as their mother. My husband assures me I'm not, and I also know that if I listen closely to the voice of God, he's telling me the same thing.

It is amazing the things God uses to teach us about ourselves. This road trip with my family has been a wealth of lessons and insight into myself. I'm praying I assimilate them all quickly and easily into daily life. Not just when I get home, but while we still have two more weeks of time together in the car.

No comments: