The Ponderings of a Princess on a journey to be more like the King Who created her...

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another Mile-stone in the Floria Household

Today Dempsey Claire got her Learner's Permit.  We knew the day would come.  We've been working toward it for a long time.  We've had all the "talks" about safety and defensive driving and taking care to be aware of road conditions...NOW the real stuff begins.  The beginning of our preparing her to "go it alone" out there.  I say I'm ready.  I think I can convince myself of it all.  But today, with her driving home from the DMV, permit in hand, it kind of hit me.  No turning back.  I'm so proud of her and have all the confidence in her I could possibly have.  I'm just not so sure about the "other guy".

"Father, as always, I give my baby to You and ask You to protect her as only You can."

1 comment:

crosswaysnet said...

it always helps to suck your lip when you're concentrating - way to go girl! your momma's sucking her lip, too...