The Ponderings of a Princess on a journey to be more like the King Who created her...

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Isn't God Amazing?

I know, that must be a rhetorical question, but I was reminded (AGAIN) at just how amazing Gods creation it.  Would you just look at this flower?



This is a Passion Vine.  My friend, Michele, the plant expert sent me this link on Facebook today so I'd know how to take care of it.  http://www.plant-care.com/passiflora-passion-vine.html  My friend, Shannon, who grew up Catholic told me that the Nuns taught her about how this flower represents Christ, the Trinity and the crucifixion.   Its name comes from its beautiful flowers, thought to represent Christ's crucifixion - 5 stamens for the 5 wounds, 3 styles for the 3 nails and white and purple-blue colors for purity and heaven.  My friend, Jill, who lives in Hawaii, tells me they're called Lilikoi! aka Passion fruit. That's what they make the passion fruit drinks out of! They grow wild in Hawaii.  AND...my friend John was reminded of the movie "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".  Whatever the story behind this flower, it's an amazing reminder of how creative our God really is.

No comments: